BIM (Building Information Modeling) has extended itself to constructing a building faster, with greater precision, and with less cost than ever before.
Building information Modeling, as defined by the National BIM Standard - United States Version 2 is:
"A BIM is a digital representation of physical and functional characteristics of a facility. As such it serves as a shared knowledge resource for information about a facility forming a reliable basis for decisions during its lifecycle from inception onward."
Initially, this is designing and fabricating a digital building model in 3D before it’s actually built in analog form. This process is changing the construction world by storm.
The technical complexities and expenses with BIM are well documented. For the coordination and installation phase, does it make sense for a mechanical, plumbing, or electrical trades contractor to invest tens of thousands of dollars in computer software and hardware, along with the personnel to run it efficiently for one project? In most cases, the answer is no.
Final Draft CAD, LLC can assist in helping with your BIM projects before you even get awarded the contract. There is substantial planning that needs to be considered before a project proposal is assembled.
Let our experience help:
- Create a plan to doucument required resources
- Ensure smooth flow of project information between vested parties
- Create and implement a road map for project-related technologies
- Provide project management, leadership, and technical assistance during all phases of project
- Educate about the benefits of BIM: Fabrication, quantity takeoff, bill of materials (BOM), hanger placement, reduced field installation time & rework, field models, etc.
Contact us to see how we can help get your upcoming BIM project heading in the right direction.